Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Not snow, observed and that's not my fiance -- his chin is too smooth.

It'll be Three Beautiful Things' fifth birthday on Monday May 18. I'm thinking about an evening drinks celebration somewhere in TWells, to which everyone is welcome. It would be good to have an idea of numbers, though -- any takers?

I'd like to re-post a few favourite things -- suggestions always welcome.

Drop me a line: i am five at three beautiful things dot co dot uk (take out the spaces and replace ats and dots with symbols to make the address work).

1. Cherry blossom in the grass. A fall of pink snow.

2. Her ginger-gold hair is short and still baby-feathery. From the top of the wall she watches me coming up the street, shaking out my umbrella. We both smile. She has such tiny teeth.

3. Nick comes out of the bathroom with no beard. His chin is so soft that I keep wanting to touch it; and his unfamiliar face surprises me.

Poached egg, acer and bramble.

1. Carefully opening my poached egg so the yolk runs on to the toast. 2. The acer tree -- lime green edged with crimson. 3. Bramble shoots, ...