Thursday, April 02, 2009

Treasure trove, walking home and gotcha.

1. DIY shops -- which were once my idea of dull hell -- have become caverns of fascination: sheets of textured copper and red bath plug chain.

2. Nick is home early because of the G20 disruptions, so he walks out to meet me on my way home. Our paths converge in a bus shelter and he kisses me firmly to show anyone who might be looking that we belong to each other.

3. At bed time I realise that I have been got by A Quarter Of's April Fool's Day jape -- an ad for a new sort of chocolate bubbled through with helium.

3 comments:

  1. #1 is so true - there are so many things that fascinate me now I'm older and settled in a home and relationship of my own. Gardening, watermetres, tiling, decorating ideas, measuring for carpets all come to mind. Isn't it fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare...I want to shop where you are! Or perhaps it all sounds so much better when you say it. The textured copper and the red chain sound intriguing. Whatever will you use them for?
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't buy them! But if I ever want them, I'll know where to go...

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.