Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Smoky, cherry blossom and a place to sit.

1. The rust red and gold stripes on crispy bacon.

2. Every one of the cherry blossom that jostle for our attention has its own damp piece of new leaf. They remind me of soft fat ladies, powdered and rouged faces over little green silk scarves that are knotted round their necks, 1950s style.

3. There is some wind, and the air is spring cool -- but this smooth concrete bench has warmed up in the sun, and has a view across Romney Marsh, almost to the sea.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy!
    Your observations are so keen Clare. I am more acutely aware of my surroundings after reading about your three beautiful things. I absolutely cannot get the image of those green silk scarves knotted 50s style. Brilliant!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing the word Romney - it reminded me of how my Dad used to talk about the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway when I was little - and how when you are young words mean little to you, they are just sounds and it's only later that you attach meaning to those sounds!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.