Sunday, March 25, 2012

Better, squid and frozen.

1. My pleurisy is getting better -- I took a deep breath and it didn't hurt. This morning is my fourth salt cave session on the trot. I think the hours of relaxing in a calm salty room has done me some good.

2. Mrs Anke's post about squid inspired me and I tried the braised squid with chorizo recipe that she shared. I sent the boys out for a walk so I could work through the steps without distraction and make mistakes without anyone seeing. We were rewarded with a dish of fragrant red broth and tender meat. Even Alec ate a few squares of squid.

3. To spoon soup into boxes for the freezer and to anticipate knocking out the frozen disc (or cuboid) at a later date.

Bud vase, tomato and the poem I needed to hear.

1. Among the faded cut daffodils that I'm putting on the compost heap there is one that will do for another day in a bud vase. 2. For th...