Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring, souvenir and Baby.

1. Dust blue sky. Dust green grass. Men with shirts off lounge on the Sports Ground. We're all blinking in the sunshine. A bird we can't see is singing.

2. To snap a few pictures on my phone for people who can't be there.

3. "Baby doesn't like it when you drop him," I tell Alec, retrieving his doll from the ground beneath the swing. "He's going to stay with me." Alec reaches out imploringly, promising to be a better dad. "Well, all right. Baby says he wants to come back in the swing with you." I hold out the doll and then snatch it back as the swing comes near. "Baby tricked you. He doesn't like being dropped." Alec giggles and claps. The swing comes back. "Tricked you again!" And I'm not sure which of us is the worst parent...

5 comments:

  1. Is it a "doll" or an "action figure"? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By no stretch of the imagination could Baby be called an action figure... Unless 'action' includes eating from a spoon, waving and giggling at This Little Piggy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've nominated you for an award! I love your posts and you were my inspiration to start my own blog. Check it out here
    http://threebeautifulthings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. used your own address as the link!
    Here is the right one!
    http://mybeautfulthings.wordpress.com/versatile-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment about 3BT.

If you would like to advertise a product or service on this blog, please get in touch so we can come to an arrangement that is more satisfactory for both of us than comment spam. Any unauthorised ads will be deleted.

If comment moderation is on, it is because of spammers.