Thursday, March 01, 2012

Wolf's milk, late too and re-do.

1. We have a library book called What's the Time, Mr Wolf? (pictured left). The wolf's head is a finger puppet that pokes through a hole in each page. Alec loves books of this sort, so I was sure it would be a winner. His eyes lit up when I showed him. I made encouraging wolf noises. He looked at me blissfully and said: "Bub-bub". I can only think it was the big googly eyes that makes him think of his milkies.

2. We were doing all right for getting out of the house before ten -- but now there's a funny smell in Alec's newly-changed nappy department and I'm having doubts. My phone goes. It's Jane to say she's having a bit of a funny morning and they're going to be late.

3. I've pulled this piece of writing this way and that way and I can't make it work. I go back to the start and try again with another topic. Half an hour later, I'm reading the finished piece to Nick (and feeling very relieved).

Bud vase, tomato and the poem I needed to hear.

1. Among the faded cut daffodils that I'm putting on the compost heap there is one that will do for another day in a bud vase. 2. For th...