Saturday, March 10, 2012

Twins, hearing and what needs to be done.

1. There are twins -- pink and blue rain suits -- in the other swings. They are slumped like contented little sacks, and their mother (who looks shattered) stands bravely between them, pushing the two swings in perfect opposition.

2. I am remembering to listen with my whole body, so I hear Alec remark 'W-w' at some toy dogs in a shop window.

3. "I'm just doing what needs to be done," says Nick (he hasn't had supper yet) as he brings armfuls of bedding downstairs and cleans the sick off our bed, while I soothe a feverish and over-excited lad back to sleep.

Bud vase, tomato and the poem I needed to hear.

1. Among the faded cut daffodils that I'm putting on the compost heap there is one that will do for another day in a bud vase. 2. For th...