Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Back to bed, bumble bees and sheltered spot.

1. To send a tired husband back to bed: his breakfast can wait.

2. There are bumble bees about: Alec spots one by the river. I see another investigating a sunny wall at the castle. And at home there is a third hanging hopefully around our jasmine bush.

3. It's sunny sometimes today but the wind is brisk. While I wait for Nick and Alec to wear themselves out at Tonbridge Castle I stand in a sheltered sun-warmed fold in the wall. I try to imagine some of people who have been appreciating the same spot since the 13th century. Most recently I've seen a man in a mobility scooter sitting here on the warmer Mondays. At that moment he comes round the corner.

6 comments:

  1. Your comment reminded me that I have a honeybee story on my blog
    http://storytellermary.wordpress.com/2012/05/08/the-honey-dance/

    I love spring for taking walks, when storms abate . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've definitely been seeing a few April showers this year. I enjoyed the story, Mary -- thanks for sharing it.

      Delete
  2. You kept the scooter man away from his sheltered spot? Nice to have a place in the sunshine to wait for the group to return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I stepped aside for him, of course!

      Delete
  3. Hey Clare, I saw these and thought of Alec:

    http://www.littlefamilyfun.com/2012/03/crafts-activities-for-boys.html

    I'm sure some could be adapted towards fire engines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh these are brilliant, thank you so much. I've added them to my stash of ideas. Now I am feeling less wrung out I want to do more craft and less TV -- and I want a stash of quick little ideas to do in our snatched moments together after the birth of LTB.

      Delete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.