Friday, July 20, 2007

Stop, baby and where did they go.

1. It is so still that everything seems to be holding its breath. A slight haziness and a closeness about the air makes me feel as if they world is holding me and the town in cupped hands.

2. Being asked to 'have another go' at a headline on my weekly news stories -- this hasn't happened since I was a junior editor at my first job. It makes me feel the same way I do when my mother refers to me as her baby.

3. Every day I pass a garden that seems to have been vacated minutes before. The hammock swings gently and there is often an open book, a toy and a rug on the grass.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...