Sunday, July 01, 2007

Remember the horses, tiny soldiers and back in time.

1. Two white-haired men on the train discuss their memories of the horses at their school. 'I rode Twinkle.' 'Twinkle was the fat one... and then there were the two Welsh ponies.' They recall with some laughter one horse (whose name I don't catch) that would always throw his rider and 'arrive back half an hour before you did.'

2. We stop at a table of model soldiers carrying vivid banners. Each one has a different expression. I am told that these are the Russian soldiers -- craftsman-made and priced accordingly.

3. Nick watches Dr Who sitting cross-legged in front of the telly. I imagine that this is how he must have looked as a little boy -- same show, different Doctor.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...