Saturday, June 27, 2009

In the sun, here it comes and retro pulp.

1. On a hot day, I like to sit on the bench half way up the zig-zag path and watch people toiling up the hill.

2. While we are having our evening catch-up, a suitable title for one of my radio-plays-in-progress pops out of my mouth like an unexpected sneeze.

3. Nick produces another retro pulp film from his stash -- Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow -- a wonderful piece of art deco noir action involving giant robots rampaging through wartime New York and planes that turn into submarines.

2 comments:

  1. If only I had a lovely beach to sit at and just watch anything. Art deco noir? I might need my dictionary but sounds so artsy and cool. (I love learning new things.) And has it ever been a long time since I've seen that movie. I think it was more of an artistic film than anything. I think. Like I said, it's been a while. And yes, you have to love when great ideas just come upon you like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #2 - sometimes I say things in conversation, and think 'that's it, that's what I was looking for earlier on the page' and I resolve to write it down straight away. Sadly, so often the same thought slips away.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.