Thursday, October 15, 2009

Greenwood, owl and someone else did it.

1. On the common, the smell of cut green wood where workmen are clearing the banks. It's a like a carpentry workshop, and a like a cold day.

2. There is so much to love about the Warner Brothers' short I Love to Singa -- the story of a little owl who dared to sing jazz against the wishes of his classically-trained parents. The mother owl's distress always puts a little lump in my throat, and then the cartoon hits me in the face with the 'No we didn't, lady" gag. If you've got eight minutes, give it a viewing.



3. Nick normally hauls the bins up to the road once a fortnight and grumbles about how he always has to do it. At 5pm, I hear the old rrrrollll-scrape of the recycling bins trundling up the drive, and think for a moment that Nick has come home early. He hasn't -- but when he does get in, he's very pleased at not having to do a chore he dislikes.

6 comments:

  1. So an angel took the bins up for him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or one of the neighbours -- not sure which: it was too dark to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2--I suppose it means my age is showing but I remember seeing this on my parent's first television when I was a pre-schooler. I loved it then and it is still wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it was his guardian angel who took the bin up, Clare. How generous and practical minded of him/her! Or maybe it was you and you just don't want him to know about it by reading your blog, so you're involved in a big cover up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness me, no! I get the days mixed up, so I don't even try to take the bins out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found 8 minutes - thank you Clare. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.