Friday, June 24, 2011

Patient, drying and home.

1. "Is your child all right?" wonders my boss on the phone. Alec is squirming in his bouncy chair, and as the meeting progressed, he has lost interest in the toys I've been throwing at him.
"I'll just put you on loudspeaker and give him a feed," I say.
"Tolerant and flexible," says my boss proudly. I think he's referring to himself, but he could mean Alec.

2. It rains while we are up town -- and I've left the nappies out on the line. But I was cunning, and left half the load drying inside, slower but surer.

3. Through the gap at the bottom of the blind I see Nick's silvery head bobbing up the street.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...