Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dry spell, candy and hit a six.

1. The rain stops towards the end of the afternoon, and we are so out of here. We cram on shoes and the sling (Alec is lucky he is the right way up) and dash out into the new-washed air.

2. The sound of M&Ms rattling as you dip into the packet.

3. We sink into the sofa to watch the joyful Bollywood Twenty:20 extravaganza Dil Bole Haddipa. The dialogue is so smattered with English phrases that I begin to think I understand Hindi. From the moment the heroine hits six balls for six, and we discover that the captain of the local team has a handsome son and is desperate to win a match, you pretty much know what's going to happen next.

4 comments:

  1. Do you sing and dance along too? They always seem so energetic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found out three weeks ago I had cancer. 1 week ago I had surgery to rid me of my cancerous thyroid. I am 29 and have two children. a 3 year old and a 7 month old who has just had a rude awakening to sudeden weaning. I have been looking forward to reading this blog the whole of last week as it always lifts my spirits. It hasn't failed. thankyou. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia -- Oh my poor girl, I don't know what to say. I still think of you in the small hours, after your comment (before Alec was born) about night feeds, and I think that's why I'm struggling to find words for you.

    I wish I was the sort of person who did hugging, and that I knew you well enough to know whether you were the sort of person who did hugging too.

    Your poor manlet, though. What a horrible way to wean -- but if you were able to explain to him, I think he'd be prepared to make the sacrifice for your well-being. I always think about asking Future Alec when something difficult has to be done (though we've never had anything as frightening as that).

    Thank you for letting me know 3BT has raised your spirits in such a trying time -- it's comments like yours that keep me going when things get hard, so really and truly, I should be thanking you, not the other way round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare, I didn't think you'd remember that comment about the night feeds, as your life and mind would have become very much fuller since Alec arrived.

    It's true about my wee boy, Charlie. He's been such a hero about it all. My dear lovely husband is now fully aquainted with the small hours also.

    Thankyou for your kind words. I am a hugger, and know that a cuddle thought from a non-hugger is extra special.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.