Friday, July 15, 2011

Last Christmas, early and Miranda.

1. I start reading the last of my Christmas books -- although there's still my present for giving birth (The Complete Conan) before I can start on my birthday books. Books no longer feel like a slog, now I've got more spare time, and I've mastered reading while feeding.

2. Nick comes home unexpectedly early -- early enough to give Alec his supper, which means I can concentrate on my own bowl of pasta instead of doing one spoon for me, one for you, one for me, one for you.

3. I love Miranda because it portrays so accurately and kindly and funnily a single woman in want of a husband.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...