Friday, December 08, 2006

Fresh gravel, out for a walk and meat.

1. Fresh gravel has been put down outside JP's house. Even on a day of torrential rain, it makes the lane look much more spacious and light.

2. The sound of children's voices makes us run to the window. About twenty littlies are out for a farm walk. It reminds me rather of The Gashlycrumb Tinies, but we wave to them anyway, and they wave back.

3. The rough pleasure in Oli's voice as he described the pork chop he was going to have for dinner because his vegetarian wife is out.

5 comments:

  1. What a gruesome book the Gashlycrumb Tinies is! Love the blog, have pinched the idea on mine, hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, I'm delighted that you are 3BTing -- keep up the good work. I'll put you on the Roll of Honour in due course.

    And if you think Gashlycrumb is awful, try The Beastly Baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Beastly Baby sounds delightful! I am off to try it - thank you for today's BTs - they are wonderful (and so evocative of your world)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My three things today:
    1. The sound of my dad's voice on the phone.
    2. The prospect of a weekend with my son, my husband, and my parents - I'm so lucky to have them all.
    3. I love wearing my multicolored legwarmers under my skirts. Makes me feel snuggly-warm, and very silly. How can you beat that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't really like pork chops, myself... but i do like it that while the cat's away the mouse that is your friend/colleague, Oli, can get some fun little play! that tickles me!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.