Sunday, June 01, 2008

Woman at work, new kit and look out.

1. As I work, I can hear Katie down in the garden clipping and pulling up weeds. She has opened the doors to the balcony to let air into my room and so she can call up for advice or another tool.

2. Katie lets me unwrap her new plastic bead box and fill the compartments with the kit she has just bought for making knitting markers. I add some extras from box into which I throw small items like broken jewellery and shells.

3. We turn down a footpath and find ourselves looking over an unexpected view of town -- the green domes of the Opera House, and the shopping centre -- 'A Spanish prison', according to Nick.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...