Saturday, March 30, 2013

Backchat, a walk out and tea.

1. Our first backchat: "Can I have a look at your nappy, please Alec."
"You not havin' a look til Christmas."
I think this might become a family phrase.

2. For the first time in weeks I feel energetic enough to say "YES" to a walk in the woods. We go up to Hargate Forest, which is cared for by The Woodland Trust. It's one of Tunbridge Wells' most fascinating green spaces, with its ruined World War Two bunkers and mix of heathland and tree cover. This mix of open ground and cover is particular pleasure today when we've got a rare bit of sunshine.

3. Sitting round our kitchen table drinking tea and eating hot cross buns with my family.

Escape, tulips and samosa.

1. This morning, I'm piling into a car with friends to escape into the Weald, where we will visit a garden planted with 45,000 tulips. 2...