Friday, March 22, 2013

Toot, alone and coming to get you.

1. We love Benedict Blathwayt's Little Red Train books. Alec likes them because they are about trains and I like them because there is so much to discuss in the illustrations. We read The Little Red Train to the Rescue and on the page where the farm animals have escaped on to the track Alec points to the different poos and tells me who he thinks made them.

2. To come home alone to an empty house.

3. When I go to collect Alec from nursery I always feel a little bit excited about seeing him again. It's a tiny bit like the sort of excitement you get before a date with someone you really like.

Escape, tulips and samosa.

1. This morning, I'm piling into a car with friends to escape into the Weald, where we will visit a garden planted with 45,000 tulips. 2...