Monday, January 20, 2014

Breakfast time, not easy and chocolate.

1. "Is it breaktas?" Alec wants to know. I'm about to say no in order to give myself half an hour of unsatisfactory lie-in when I realise that I'm very hungry indeed.

2. Watching Nick trying to give two children their tea at once. He keeps forgetting that Bettany needs and exclusion zone around her; and that Alec is a master of distraction. It makes me realise that this is not an easy thing to do, and that I shouldn't be so hard on myself.

3. A particularly spectacular and subtle coffee and walnut chocolate -- I could taste the red berries that coffee tasting notes talk about.

Escape, tulips and samosa.

1. This morning, I'm piling into a car with friends to escape into the Weald, where we will visit a garden planted with 45,000 tulips. 2...