Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Most Beautiful Things

Today I'm taking part in the My Most Beautiful Thing Blogsplash to celebrate beautiful things - inspired by Fiona Robyn's new novel, The Most Beautiful Thing. Bloggers from all over the world are taking part and writing or posting pictures of their most beautiful things today. Find out more here and see everyone else's blog posts here.

There are so many beautiful things in my life that it's hard to pick out the most beautiful ones. Of course there's Alec, but enough is written about him in the daily posts. There's Nick, too, who is the best and kindest of husbands, who always makes time to share my joys and sorrows and lets "the soft animal of my body love what it loves".

This blog is on the list, too. I still shake my head in disbelief at it. For so long I was told by people in authority and by society and by... well by myself that "Nothing you have to say is of interest to anyone." But when I said it in this blog, it turned out that it was very much of interest to some people, even strangers from far away places.

Bud vase, tomato and the poem I needed to hear.

1. Among the faded cut daffodils that I'm putting on the compost heap there is one that will do for another day in a bud vase. 2. For th...