Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Most Beautiful Things

Today I'm taking part in the My Most Beautiful Thing Blogsplash to celebrate beautiful things - inspired by Fiona Robyn's new novel, The Most Beautiful Thing. Bloggers from all over the world are taking part and writing or posting pictures of their most beautiful things today. Find out more here and see everyone else's blog posts here.

There are so many beautiful things in my life that it's hard to pick out the most beautiful ones. Of course there's Alec, but enough is written about him in the daily posts. There's Nick, too, who is the best and kindest of husbands, who always makes time to share my joys and sorrows and lets "the soft animal of my body love what it loves".

This blog is on the list, too. I still shake my head in disbelief at it. For so long I was told by people in authority and by society and by... well by myself that "Nothing you have to say is of interest to anyone." But when I said it in this blog, it turned out that it was very much of interest to some people, even strangers from far away places.

7 comments:

  1. three bows for your beautiful things x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I have loved following your beautiful life from far away for a very long time (in blogosphere terms anyway!) You have sparked many other beautiful things. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading your beautiful things is a lovely part of my day! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well said I feel quite sorry for those who do not look for the beautiful in life daily and I have a serious illness .I still see flowers and birds out every window, hear music and birds singing and daily for 6 years have never duplicated what I'm thankful for that day,..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never doubt that your words are important and inspiring! I have a baby girl about six months younger than Alec and I've read you while working, when engaged, while pregnant and now I'm on maternity leave...I feel like I'm walking behind you on a on a journey and you remind me to find the loveliness even on tough, rainy, grouchy days. Thank you and hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw thanks everyone!

    Pip, that's really gratifying to hear. I forget sometimes that I'm on a journey and that other people are walking the same path. It's good to reconnect with the road from time to time. Hope you're enjoying every minute with your baby -- even the snotty porridge-flinging unauthorised-nappy-removal ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also far away (Oregon, USA), and very glad for your 3BT's. So important to me when I need something gentle and wonderful and REAL. Thank you for continuing to post. It matters much to me.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.