Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Tinks, root and reading.

1. ...and when I turn back, Alec has -- somehow -- got a large pot of yoghurt off the table (without spilling a drop) and has his hand in it up to the wrist. And on further examination, there are three soft toys floating in the watering can. They are smeared with yoghurt, so perhaps he was trying to wash them. I put the laptop away after that and paid more attention.

2. It is astonishingly satisfying to grub out a good long dandelion root.

3. We race through supper and bath in double-quick time, so there is time for me to read to Alec before Nick gets home.

Bud vase, tomato and the poem I needed to hear.

1. Among the faded cut daffodils that I'm putting on the compost heap there is one that will do for another day in a bud vase. 2. For th...