Friday, May 18, 2007

Accident, feed and reports.

1. A colleage flips his car on to its side in the lane. He is not hurt, but very shaken. The driver's side roof is stove in where it hit the road, and two windows are smashed. The men right the car and bring it back to the office. Other people move all the gubbins out of the boot so it doesn't get rained on. Photographs are taken because we can't quite believe what has happened, and thoughts turn to our own mortality. When the phone call comes to let us know that all is well, a cloud is lifted from the building. The line of cars leaving at 5pm is more hesitant than normal.

2. Getting lunch when I am really, really hungry.

3. Most evenings Katie and I catch up at some point -- I really appreciate telling someone about my day.

Bud vase, tomato and the poem I needed to hear.

1. Among the faded cut daffodils that I'm putting on the compost heap there is one that will do for another day in a bud vase. 2. For th...