Saturday, May 19, 2007

Time, twist and avast.

1. The surveyor is in a tizzy because an unexpected appointment has made him an hour late. I am working from home anyway, so it's no skin off my nose. His concern for my time makes me even happier to let him know that it's really no bother. He says that a temporary repair can be made to our roof -- and then to my ceiling once the water stops pouring through. This is a relief, as having a hole in your ceiling is surprisingly drafty, and I didn't want to wait six months while the freeholders wrangle over having the whole roof done.

2. The relief of having my back untwisted by the osteopath. He does it by pressing down and suddenly letting go. It makes me gasp -- not because it hurts, but perhaps because of tension being released.

3. Heroes who swagger -- been watching Pirates of the Caribbean.

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...