Thursday, May 24, 2007

Sparrow fart, hanging out and my routine.

1. Coming into work super early so I get to enjoy long, low shadows and coming out of the misty valley on to the sunny hilltop.

2. Catching up with PaulV. He rescues me because I can't get a lift home from work. We hang out at my office a bit while he works on some photographs and then we go to the supermarket.

3. Pottering on the balcony in the early evening. I check our vegetables for greenfly and do the watering. I feel very much like a person who has a calm and regular daily routine.

9 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading your blog.
    It's too easy in this day and age to forget and not appreciate the simple, but often beautiful things in life.
    Thanks for bringing them to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy the difference in terminology between your culture and mine. Although both cultures converse in english, our terms and meanings are a good deal different. The 'sparrow fart' escapes me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a vulgar term for dawn! My mother uses it quite a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the clarification. I was totally baffled by sparrow fart, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Mother got "sparrow fart" from her father-in-law, v descriptive! ? of Royal Marine origin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for making me aware of the beautiful things around us.

    My friends have started our own 3 beautifukl things via email daily and it's really good therapy to think of 3 things each day that have made you smile.

    Thank you once again.......I didn't know what sparrow fart was either!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here in "the states" we frequently say the "the eagle has flow" meaning pay checks have been passed out at our employment. Now I can add, "The sparrow has farted" to mean the sun is up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i shall go to my grave regretting that i nver heard a sparrow fart

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.