- Raymond suffers a coyote alarm.
- Louisa explains why she doesn't want a second bathroom.
- Plutarch admires the style of an elderly man crossing the road, and remembers when all this was snow.
- Den suffers for her husband's art (but thinks it was worth it).
- Whitney hears Fitzroy's oldest member lift up his voice.
- Leonora has a very mannerly farrier.
2. We show Nick's parents the wedding photos. They coo over them, marvelling at how good the photographer is, and at the pictures of themselves.
3. We go to The Ghurka Restaurant on Church Road. Towards the end of the meal, a song comes on that was playing everywhere when I went to Nepal in 2001. I chatter to Nick about prayer wheels made from milk tins, and the place where fire and water come out of the same cavern, and staring blue gentians growing in dead brown grass only just uncovered by the snow.