Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Touching, happy dinosaur and a class.

1. I discover this wonderful thing here in Tunbridge Wells -- Art at Your Fingertips -- a library of tactile pictures for people with a visual impairment. Each picture comes with audio to help the user understand what is under their fingertips.


2. Overheard: a woman talking to her colleagues about a phone call to her little boy. "He said: 'Just a minute, I have to go and do the stompy happy dinosaur dance.'"

3. I hurry across London in the gathering dusk for a class at the School of Life -- How to Survive Your Family. I like the idea of people gathered in the same room for one purpose.

5 comments:

  1. I think I could do with that class. Was it any good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes -- it really made me think. I was alert and attentive for the whole thing (unusual for me!) and I enjoyed meeting some of the other participants.

    I think you get out what you put in -- if you go in willing to engage and keen to know more, you'll come away with lots to consider.

    This is the man who ran it -- http://www.markvernon.com/ -- I thought he was very engaging and authentic, so I felt as if he was making the journey with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable. The class sounds heavenly. I think we should all do one now and again !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear friend Rainy believes that art saves lives...I think it is a dynamite idea to share art with those who are visually impaired. Thank you for sharing that little bit to brighten my day, Clare! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.