1. The latest issue of Interzone is a corker -- I read it on the train on my way up to London. Pick of the bag are:
- Into the Depths of Illuminated Seas -- a magical, angry sea fable, full of revenge and fury by Jason Sandford. It's a woman who finds the names of sailors who are to die at sea written on her body.
- In the Harsh Glow of its Incandescent Beauty -- a story about Mercurio D. Rivera's aliens that adore humans -- an impressive depiction of the pain and self-deception that surround an affair.
- Tyler Keevil's Hibakusha -- a man volunteers his way back to a London that has been destroyed by nuclear terrorism.
2. We go to the V&A and there in the metalwork collection is a red cast-iron casserole just like ours. "We own a design classic," I tell Nick.
3. I like to hurry through the fog to the theatre -- an evening of merriment and escapism with Gilbert and Sullivan.