Sunday, January 10, 2010

The universe calls 'halt', watching the snow and domestic pleasures.

Edit -- to share a lovely post from Elspeth Thompson.

1. I have a cold, and it's completely floored me -- every time I try to do something, I get tired and achy and frustrated. All I can do is lie in bed and watch the snow.

2. It's hard to tell if the white dust fogging up the yard is new snow or snow picked up from the ground by the wind. Great clots of snow drop from the dark cupressus trees, fall to powder and are whirled away.

3. The crackle of static and the smell of clean laundry as we sort and fold the final load.

5 comments:

  1. I think we've all been there. You take care and rest up - it's the only way !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking to my post - I'm glad you enjoyed it. Snow pictures coming soon - yes, snow on the beach, quite unusual!
    I shall enjoy catching up with your posts now - and do very much hope that your cold gets better soon.
    Cosy up tonight - you are doing the right thing, not doing much (no more washing!)
    x Elspeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't remember if I introduced myself the other day or not. Hello anyway and hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I feel tonnes better already.

    And hi Rachel -- I don't think I've spotted you before. Hope you stick around. I really like your yoga blog, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you're not feeling well, but I am happy to see that you can still find 3BT's to share. Feel better soon! BTW, I loved the imagery in #2.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.