Sunday, January 18, 2009

Curtains, Swag bag and networking.

Yesterday in the comments Den recommended some beautiful schernschnitte animation, which is well worth a look. Here are some films of Lotte Reiniger on YouTube. Thanks very much, Den.

1. We go into Noakes Department Store in search of clean lightpull cord and leave with a set of bathroom curtains. After climbing up and down the ladder, knotting and unknotting header tape and rearranging hooks, we step back to look. 'It feels like my bathroom now,' says Nick, and we notice that the echo has gone from the room.

2. Katie-who-I-used-to-live-with has been to Sweden. She brings me back the most wonderful bag of Moomin swag -- metal Christmas tree baubles, a romantic mug showing Moomin and the Snork Maiden, a tea towel, a tin tray and a bright orange birthday book (in Swedish) decorated with illustrations from the books.

3. Today has been a busy day for catching up with friends. We saw He-Who-Shall-Not-Be named for lunch; then Backgammon Andy and his girlfriend in the evening. Coming home, I feel tired, but content. I always forget how exhausting a busy day is, but I'm glad to have the chance to firm up my connections with my people.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...