Thursday, January 01, 2009

Not as bad as it looks, the good thing about curly kale

Happy new year everyone. Here's to a shiny, clean blank page of a year to fill with fun and adventure.

1. I discover that the sachets of instant cappucino I bought yesterday are decaf. Woe is me. Then I remember that Katie-who-sits-next-to-me doesn't do caffeine, but is very fond of these coffee sachets, so I can share them with her.

2. Picking over the crisply curled leaves of kale and stripping out the stalks and shaking off the diamond drops of water.

3. Spotting a bottle of fizzy wine cooling on the window ledge and hearing fireworks all around us.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...