Thursday, March 18, 2010

A secret, crocuses and don't move.

1. The Common, with its bare trees and clear ground, seems barren at the end of winter. But it’s smiling in the sunshine as if it has a secret happiness.

2. Crocuses (baby mauve, egg-yolk yellow and whole milk white) have pushed their way through the khaki dead ground in the park. Today, they are the only pure bright colours in all creation (apart from the sky, I mean).

3. The financial advisor comes round, and I ask him a question that has been bothering me for months. He looks over a few pages, taps on his calculator and says that it's best to leave things as they are.

5 comments:

  1. My world is filled with crocuses too. Even though the houses in my old neighbourhood had room for a few bulbs in containers, no one grew much, but here, every garden is dotted with crocuses, snowdrops and daffodils a week away from flowering. It feels like the first spring I've had in years. Such vibrant colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a delight.
    The color references and the way you describe them ('smiling in the sunshine') are so wonderful, wonder-filled.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that the sun is shining, it's warm and the spring flowers are coming out. My lovely things today include that I had nominated a friend for an award, and that nomination has been accepted. I let her know and she was so surprised and delighted. Also, hopeful news about house negotiations and thirdly, a text from my sister in law that made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely descriptions of Spring in full effect for 1 & 2. I was thinking how lovely the parks and flowers looked today, but you put it much better than I could. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. #3 that's just the way life is sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.