Monday, March 08, 2010

Stay out of the kitchen, daff robbers and books out.

This post on a blog belonging to one of my editors (also a part-time football dad) put a smile on my face. I hope you'll like it, too. I think it would appeal particularly to the parents among you.

These are a few of my favourite 3BT posts for the week -- here's the longlist.


1. I ask if he would like an apricot crumble for pudding tonight. "Let's have it later in the week. I don't want you spending too much time in the kitchen."

2.Daffodil buds. They look like bank robbers in green stocking masks.

3. I fill two crates with books for the charity shop. Stacked up, the books are the height of an eight year old child.

1 comment:

  1. Dressing for the Winter? Well, apparently this all took place in a bar so thick with smoke that you would need to put your hand out in front of you to feel your way across the room. The story teller realized half way through giving his dressing-lesson that he really wasn't in the right place to be giving advice. Shadowy shapes kept appearing from all sides and the -50 degree weather he had experienced in Winnipeg just didn't phase the folks in Iqaluit. In the end he had a contingent of 50 people walk him across the street to his hotel. I'm not sure if that was to make sure he really left or because he had made such an impression :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.