Thursday, March 24, 2011

Available, no coat and magnolia.

1. Nick is working from home today. The door to his fortress of solitude is closed tight all morning. At noon, when Alec is lingering over his feed and I'm thinking I'll have to go without my lunch in the interests of getting out of the house on time, I hear Nick's feet on the stairs, and he asks if I would like him to make me a sandwich.

2. I set off into the sunlight without a coat.

3. We walk round the corner and I exclaim "Oh, the magnolia is out!" It's a particularly good one, with dainty, spindly flowers. I've been enjoying its fuzzy buds all winter, but didn't expect them to burst this early.

Coffee, just passing and flowers on the bank.

1. Unexpectedly, a chance for a coffee and a gossip. Our slower times have converged again. 2. I make a short (and rapid so I'm not noti...