Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cotton wool puff, it's normal and uncle.

1. "I love that sound," says the baby life saving trainer. He's talking about the whisper of air filling the resus dummy.

2. An anxious classmate passes round her latest dirty nappy. "It's normal," we tell her. "I had one the colour of broccoli," says Charlie -- she almost sounds bored. "The GP said it's because she's fighting off a virus."

3. "I'm not taking him, he might explode," says Uncle Robert. But I put Alec on his knee anyway, and they seem quite happy when I get back.

4. I can hear in the kitchen: "Wow! Just wow." Nick has found the fruit cake my mother brought over.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...