Wednesday, March 02, 2011

My boys, nothing changes and TV.

1. 6am feed. Alec wriggles in close, puts his arms around his favourite right breast and shuts his eyes. Nick turns over, mutters something about wives and snuggles against me.

2. I go back to the office where I used to work with Oli, Ellie, Charlotte and He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named. "Your bunting is still up," they say. And I spot the whale tucked into a beam: "We don't play the Whale Game any more," says HWSNBN. I am not sure whether to believe him, as one of the lights has been mended with tape.

3. Afternoon feeds merge into each other -- Alec is having a growth spurt. I watch episode after episode of The Simpsons.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...