Monday, March 12, 2007

Going green, red meat and Gunnerkrigg.

1. Katie has painted half of our living room in Summer Lichen -- it's a sort of a dirty light green. The other half is coming soon, but the two walls done look very fresh and cheerful. We are enjoying the way the paint has changed as it dried -- the first coat was suspiciously like institutional green, but the second coat made it look much more homey. It changes depending on the light in the room -- by day the colour is cool, and by lamp light, it's much softer.

2. A juicy piece of steak that is pink inside.

3. The more I think about it, the more I like Gunnerkrigg Court. It's sort of Harry Potter and sort of Series of Unfortunate Events and sort of something else entirely.

5 comments:

  1. HWSNBN has enlightened me on how to inject sympathy etc into emails. You use the following syntax (use pointy brackets - I can't quote exactly here):

    [sympathy]Oh dear.[/sympathy]"

    I am going to use that for sarcasm. Never could find the sarcasm marks.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4. Making a new place your own by painting all the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to Gunnerkrigg Court. I've never heard of it before, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Also wonderful idea, finding at least three beautiful things in every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wondering if the colour of your living room is similar to the colour of this blog...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara, glad you like Gunnerkrigg -- I was so pleased to find that I couldn't help but share.

    Laura, it's Fired Earth Summer Lichen. I can't get a good image on line -- the version on their site looks grey! It's not like the colour of the blog at all -- it's warm and chalky yellowy blue grey.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.