Thursday, March 29, 2007

Roller, spring scents and marks of achievement.

1. We are puzzled. John's car has rolled backwards right out of its parking space, despite the fact that the brake was on. It is blocking twenty cars in, so it can't have been there all that time we were eating lunch. Can it?

2. The smell of a lawn being mowed.

3. The man we are meeting refuses a biscuit because he is on a diet. The sleeves of his jacket are much too long and his shirt cuffs fall over his hands. These are badges of honour.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Saga nomination! I popped by and voted for you, along with John Humphreys, among others.

    I read in one of your interviews that your favourite poem is Robert Frost's Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening. I wanted to say that's mine too! It's good to find someone who has heard of it and appreciates it. Whenever I've said it's my favourite, people look at me blankly and ask why.

    Love the blog!

    Helena

    (BT Bear's "mum")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps the man with the oversized jacket had some sort of Tom Hanks/Big deal going on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lawn mowing? I'm so jealous! We still have six inches of snow on the ground. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you!

    ~Amalia~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, on the other hand, never refuse a biscuit (diet or no).

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.