Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Smoke, dancing shoes and where did that come from.

1. The smell of rosemary burning under the grill.

2. I call Lou to see if she's going to salsa. Secretly, I hope she's not because I'm tired and cross. She doesn't want to go either; so we decide we better had go. As it happens, the lesson is great, with a couple of fun men to dance with; and we come out feeling much more cheerful.

3. Before going to bed, I need to race down the draughty hall and into the icy cold kitchen to fill my hotwater bottle. Still damp from my shower, I sit on the edge of the bed to ponder this epic journey. As I lean back, my hand finds something warm -- Katie has done it all for me.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your beautiful blog. I cited you and wrote my 3BT today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    I just wanted to thank you for your blog. It makes me happy to visit you every few days.

    Four months ago, my husband and I adopted an abused Boxer dog. I cried I first saw him. He was covered with scars and about 20 pounds underweight, but he wagged his stubby little docked tail and wanted to make friends with everyone he met.

    Your blog made me happy during the two months we nursed Atticus back to health, it helped me smile after his two surgeries and after he started to get sick again.

    We had to put Atticus to sleep due to many problems (including cancer) and it was the hardest thing I ever had to do. It seemed so futile. Why did we love him so much, spend an ungodly amount of money on him only to have to let him go? Did living with us 2 months make a difference to him? He'd surely been abused for many, many hears.

    I didn't know what to do with myself to channel my grief, to find a reason why we loved and lost Atticus the way we did. And then I thought of your Blog and I knew what I would do.

    You're an amazing person to be able to find 3 Beautiful Things in every day, and at that point in my life, 3 things were out of the question. But I knew I could find one Beautiful thing in each day. Atticus surely could. And so I have. I've been blogging at http://todaysbeautifulthing.blogspot.com for over two months now and I love that it makes me focus on something positive every single day.

    I just wanted to thank you for the inspiration.

    Take care,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.