Friday, January 26, 2007

Challenge, TV and domestic bliss.

You Saga readers are a lovely lot -- thank you so much for the kind emails.

1. A dusting of snow makes my walk to work totally different -- stretches of pavement that I stride over confidently on a normal day must be checked for ice before I can cross them. Details that usually fade into the background are picked out with a dusting of white.

2. Coming home in time for The Simpsons. I love watching the opening sequence knowing that I have raced hom just like they are.

3. We are having the neighbours round for drinks later. Katie had the afternoon off work and has hidden away clutter and made the sitting room look warm and inviting.

Bud vase, tomato and the poem I needed to hear.

1. Among the faded cut daffodils that I'm putting on the compost heap there is one that will do for another day in a bud vase. 2. For th...