Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Scrawch, kick and last thing.

Today is the first birthday of Three Beautiful Things. Just wanted to say thanks to all the people who read, and all the people who comment, and all the people who 3BT on their own sites. I feel immensely flattered that the idea has beeen picked up - I never imagined such a thing would happen.

Here is an update of the first post:

The sky is blue only in small patches, so it's not very holidayish. The clouds are fluffy, though so it's still very happy-making.

The pastie was devoured and much enjoyed. Today, Chris has a ham roll for lunch and the window is closed against a nasty cold wind, so there is no chance of a repeat. We are currently giggling over the fact that spammers have signed Chris up for Gaychattyboy.

The pansies are no longer growing by the wall.

1. Starlings are hard to like - they are noisy and quarrelsome and they make me think of apples that have rotted in storage - you know, when they get dotted with white mould. They also make me think of oil-slicked seabirds, I think because they look so greasy. But I do like the petrol-on-wet-pavement colours in their feathers, and the keeness with which pick worms out of lawns.

2. Four boys playing football on the cricket ground with jumpers for goal posts.

3. Sitting on the sofa in my night things drinking white wine from a tumbler and reading my book.

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...