Every day I want to record three things that have given me pleasure. This 3BT site is the original Three Beautiful Things.
Monday, May 31, 2021
Brewing, cricket sounds and grievances.
Friday, May 28, 2021
Walk, irises and bins.
1. When I wave the children and Nick off I realise that the air is so soft and summery that the only course of action that makes complete sense is to go for a walk before starting work.
2. In the park there are tall yellow and black irises, and in another bed the promise of another colour pairing that is too parcelled up to discern.
3. The children scampering around the house and up and down the street doing their dustbin duties. I only wish that they would do each part of the task without getting distracted and without arguing when we try to put them back on track.
Thursday, May 27, 2021
More toast, no rush and early night.
Wednesday, May 26, 2021
Browsing, spotted and starling.
Tuesday, May 25, 2021
Picture message, bluebells and dress-up.
Monday, May 24, 2021
Pondlife, tab and clear.
Friday, May 21, 2021
Red boots, fennel and tip.
Thursday, May 20, 2021
Greek week, seed and buzzing.
Wednesday, May 19, 2021
Microsalad, making history and botanicals.
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
The future is coming, wild children and map.
Monday, May 17, 2021
Dry patch, dry clothes and vegetables.
1. We find the only patch of sun in a rainy morning and sit in it, just taking in the forest and breathing.
2. Nana won't let me 'sit in wet clothes' and so I put on her spare trousers and top without a fuss.
3. By the time I've finished there is a bright array of chopped vegetables ready for Nick to put in his noodle soup.
Friday, May 14, 2021
Vaccinated, coffee and puzzles.
1. I am passed from hand to hand by smiling people in masks and hi-vis, and when I stumble out through a service door into the bright May drizzle, I am partially vaccinated against covid-19.
2. A coffee, a piece of cake and a nice long chat with a good friend.
3. To sit with the children doing rebus puzzles because I am too tired to read to them.
Thursday, May 13, 2021
Marmite, books and pears.
Wednesday, May 12, 2021
Poetry, confidence and quip.
Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Boots, bluebells and robins.
Monday, May 10, 2021
Cleavers, cells and ghost.
Friday, May 07, 2021
Hug, book and sunset.
Thursday, May 06, 2021
Normal, not sticky and marshmallows.
Wednesday, May 05, 2021
Gulls, released and confidence.
Tuesday, May 04, 2021
Potion book, get out of the bathroom and storm.
End of term, unboxing and send.
1. Bettany's dance teacher is wearing pink sparkly bunny ears. 2. The children's excitement at the unboxing of the enormous red hamp...
1. A call comes to ask when we want the co-sleeper cot delivered. It's one of those 'We're actually having a baby' moments. ...
1. Mostly my cousin's new baby just wants to feed -- but I do get to hold her, and stare into her dark blue eyes for a moment. Then she ...
1. I am really hungry and a cheese and onion toastie eaten in the sunshine with Bettany next to me is just sublime. 2. We have time to stand...