Monday, May 31, 2021
Friday, May 28, 2021
1. When I wave the children and Nick off I realise that the air is so soft and summery that the only course of action that makes complete sense is to go for a walk before starting work.
2. In the park there are tall yellow and black irises, and in another bed the promise of another colour pairing that is too parcelled up to discern.
3. The children scampering around the house and up and down the street doing their dustbin duties. I only wish that they would do each part of the task without getting distracted and without arguing when we try to put them back on track.
Thursday, May 27, 2021
Wednesday, May 26, 2021
Tuesday, May 25, 2021
Monday, May 24, 2021
Friday, May 21, 2021
Thursday, May 20, 2021
Wednesday, May 19, 2021
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Monday, May 17, 2021
1. We find the only patch of sun in a rainy morning and sit in it, just taking in the forest and breathing.
2. Nana won't let me 'sit in wet clothes' and so I put on her spare trousers and top without a fuss.
3. By the time I've finished there is a bright array of chopped vegetables ready for Nick to put in his noodle soup.
Friday, May 14, 2021
1. I am passed from hand to hand by smiling people in masks and hi-vis, and when I stumble out through a service door into the bright May drizzle, I am partially vaccinated against covid-19.
2. A coffee, a piece of cake and a nice long chat with a good friend.
3. To sit with the children doing rebus puzzles because I am too tired to read to them.
Thursday, May 13, 2021
Wednesday, May 12, 2021
Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Monday, May 10, 2021
Friday, May 07, 2021
Thursday, May 06, 2021
Wednesday, May 05, 2021
Tuesday, May 04, 2021
1. Bringing donations to the charity shop with Nick to carry the awkward things. 2. Sending an edit back when I have very little to say, ex...
Today a special guest post by Nick... 1. My wife's courage and stamina as she painfully brings our baby into this world. I'm so prou...
1. This week there are green-orange leaves caught in the water gully. 2. He comes up to ask me how scary is The Haunting of Hill House, wh...
1. She brings soft almond cakes for pudding. 2. In the fridge I have a jug of lemon iced tea. 3. Sifting compost as the evening cools.