Sunday, June 03, 2012

Ratty, my time and shellfiish.

1. The rat comes out from under the bridge. His eyes are bright and his fur is glossy. He is brisk and certain, as if he knows what he is doing. Someone beside us exclaims and he darts back under, shy wild thing. I drop more bread for the ducks and wait for him to come back -- I want to look and know what it is that I can't stand about rats.

2. To lie on a rug in the sun and shade and read the latest Interzone while Nick and Alec go over there.

3. The orange corals of scallops -- it's one of those colours that you'd never imagine could happen in nature.

Coffee, just passing and flowers on the bank.

1. Unexpectedly, a chance for a coffee and a gossip. Our slower times have converged again. 2. I make a short (and rapid so I'm not noti...