Saturday, July 10, 2010

Ben-Fen, paramedics and book boxes.

1. Fenella and Ben appear just after breakfast -- they are mad curious about the new house. We give them the tour. Ben is now old enough to crawl, and asks in no uncertain terms to be held by Nick, and then by me. He grabs a handful of my hair and has a good chew on my thumb.

2. The paramedics for making Nick's mum laugh as they walked her out to the ambulance. "Shall we dance?" And "To the hospital? Or shall we just go down to the seaside?" They've come up from the Kent coast -- things must be busy tonight.

3. I go upstairs to tuck another bag away and see that Nick has emptied all the boxes and stacked our books all round the room.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...