Sunday, September 05, 2010

Door, poplar and memories.

Rosey has put some more pics of her Arctic trip on her blog.

1. In Lamberhurst we stop at traffic lights beside a cottage with a weathered pink front door painted with blue cornflowers. The wheelie bin is decorated with pink flowers -- helpfully labelled 'cosmos'.

2. I can't get enough of poplar leaves flicker-flackering from green to grey. They make me think of TV static.

3. Katie must guess who remembers what about her: "When my boys descend, they leave me to do everything; but I go into the kitchen and find the kettle boiling and teabags in mugs." This one is from her mother-in-law-to-be.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...