Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Face time, sleep and the gate.

1. After the 10 o'clock feed Alec is like a dozy bag of milk for a time. I prop him upright to let gravity do its work. His eyes are fat slits, and his whole body has collapsed into itself -- jowls into chest, body into legs. After a time, he opens his eyes, stretches and gives me a coy smile, head on one side, to let me know that he is now interested in my face. We talk and make faces at each other -- it's hard to know who is copying who.

2. To take a couple of paracetamol and sleep when the baby sleeps.

3. It's been a long day -- although Alec has been very patient with his sleepy, poorly mother -- and the sound of Nick opening the front gate is very welcome.

PS: Yesterday, Joe in Vegas posted this video of Iz Kamakawiwoʻole singing one of my favourite songs, and I really liked it.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...