Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Putting the rubbish out, settling and not settling.

1. The late night sound of Nick sorting out the recycling boxes ready for the early morning pick-up.

2. Alec is agitated. He won't be put down, and when we hold him, he jerks his arms and legs furiously.  I hold him firmly against my chest until he calms down enough to take a feed. I wish I could console his whole future in the same way.

3. Making a start on the biography of Barbara Pym (A Very Private Eye: Diaries, Letters and Notebooks) that Sarah lent me. The undergraduate letters make me want to thump the man she is in love with -- he sounds horrible (despite his beautiful suits and lovely eyes). Actually, I want to thump BP for giving so much time and energy to him.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...