Sunday, March 24, 2013

On duty, afternoon nap and getting out.

1. When Nick says he is not well my heart sinks -- I'd been anticipating a Sunday of light duties, and perhaps a quiet house in the afternoon. But I gird my loins, cross everything off my to-do list and look forward to a day of cuddles and listening in on Alec's soap-opera-like farm play.

2. From half past one until 4pm we are deeply and luxuriously asleep.

3. "I think I'll come with you," says Nick when I say we are going out for a breath of fresh air. It's a relief to see he is feeling a bit better -- and a relief to have his toddler carrying help. It is teeth-shatteringly cold and Alec keeps trying to walk home. In the end we only last quarter of an hour.

Over the field, the path divides and perished.

1. After the bridge, the hard path cuts across the middle of a grass field spangled with buttercups. 2. The hard path continues left; or the...