Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Collection, snails and tantrum.

1. Alec empties his cabinet of curiosities on to the floor. He tries to cram all the stones, shells, ribbons, badges, elastic bands and small toys into one of its sixteen little boxes.

2. Collecting snails is very satisfying now I've got my eye in and know the sorts of places they hide during the day. I should probably do something meaner than putting them in the compost sack though.

3. It's unkind to laugh at tantrums, but I find it hard to suppress a chuckle when Alec howls at Nick that he wants his mummy, and then at me because he wants his daddy. What he really wants is a sleep, but he will never admit this.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...