Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Work, sleeper and ice cream.

1. Even a small bit of work on my course module makes a difference. I have to keep reminding myself how important it is to chip away at a large project.

 2. It's an odd sort of evening. Alec is tired and cross and won't get into his pyjamas. Instead of asking for a story or bubby he lies on the bed playing with a little plastic goldfish for a while and then comes up and snuggles against my leg. His soft breathing changes, and his body weight. He doesn't wake when I roll him off my leg, or when I put him into his night things.

 3. Eating ice cream with Nick on a warm evening.

Eggshell, turkey oak and grateful.

1. Smacking a hardboiled egg to break the shell. 2. Pale green leaves on the huge oak tree at the corner of The Grove. 3. There is nothing q...